Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Zone 13 January

Dark Zone 13 January

First game of the New Year.
    Based off the idea of "The Division" world with objectives becoming apparent as previous tasks are completed.
    Non player characters will take part to guide the game and add an extra element.
    3 or 4 Teams of various sizes will compete against each other and possibly against themselves.
    Can anyone really be trusted?

Sign on.

Daz Contact
    Jack Contact
    Pritch Contact
    Fletch Contact
    Kate Contact

Eddie Riker
    John Riker
    Josh Riker
    Shaun Riker
    Lindo Riker
    Vaporized Riker
    Kingrage Riker
    Dowlo Riker
    Daz Riker Jones

Ali SHD1
    Sid SHD1
    Niall SHD1

Benji SHD2
    Aaron SHD2
    Col SHD2

Paddy SHD3
    Tony SHD3
    Chris SHD3

Game start: 11:15

Game end: 16:00

Green – SHD

PMR channel: 4-12

Red – Rikers

PMR channel: 6-14

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Op Dark Zone

10:00 Hours

January 13th 2019

SHD Forces

4 equally-sized units dropped at remote locations (comms NOT permitted until all 4 units have rallied - they may be kept on for safety purposes, but any tactical use of them before all 4 units have rallied will be considered cheating) - Each unit will receive sealed orders detailing their starting location, some basic instructions and a small piece of intel.

Each team will have a portion of the orders for the final objective (4 lines of text which will be useless on their own, but will give a complete objective when combined)

NPC will be dotted around during the day who will provide information and objectives as the day goes on.

Limited ammo available (50% of the normal load / 300rnds for Rifleman, 100 for Sniper/DM, 1000 for support gunner) when dropped with in-field resupply available

For ease of identification items/props required for objectives will be marked with red and white safety tape.

Objectives

· Locate ammo cache(s) (all units) - ammo tins at separate, but close, locations containing pre-bagged ammo

· Rally with other SHD units located at nearby locations

· Obtain target location

Final objective

To obtain and return examples of infected material to be tested by SHD Techs. (nature of objective, location and time will be detailed in fragments within unit orders)

Riker and Rogue Agents.

Locate, isolate, contain any LEO,SHD forces and protect assets.

· Send out foot patrols

· Establish check-points

· Employ covert observations to gather counter-intelligence

Protect "stronghold" locations / ammo replen location(s)

All Teams

Medic & regen; the usual 2-hit system

-1st hit: You call "HIT" and sit/kneel on the ground with your gun out of your hands. Any team member can tag you back into the game (see below for search rules)

-2nd hit: Head straight back to regen. After 5 mins at regen, you may re-enter the game.

Bleed-out time: 5 mins (this means if you are hit and there is no-one around to tag you back in, you must wait 5 mins before heading back to regen. If you've got yourself in a position where you are too far from friendly forces, tough)

Regen Points: As this will be a very fluid scenario it is impossible to specify firm regen points. When you need to regen, you need to find a location that is at least 50m from the current area(s) of play - use a clear landmark such a large tree or rocks so other players can spot you and join you if they also need to regen. It is NOT acceptable to re-enter the game near active players. If you find you were in the clear when you started re-gen but enemy players have moved to your location, simply make them aware of your presence and wait until the action has passed, or re-locate to a more appropriate area.

Stop and search: The usual S&S protocol will be in place. This means that Riker forces may "search" an LEO/SHD player while they are awaiting a "Medic" and capture any intelligence they have on their person (physical searching will not take place, players must surrender any intel they have on-request). SHD forces are advised to commit their orders to memory and then destroy the physical intel.

Ammo Limits: We will be playing to "classic" ammo limits with a twist; The 600 x 2 load (for a normal AEG).

· SHD will start the game on a limited load (50%/300rnds) with an additional 900rnds available for re-supply (which wont necessarily be easy to collect). SHD are permitted to carry any excess ammo on their person and reload in-the-field if necessary. For ease of collection, I recommend part filling a BB bottle and writing your name on it. 900 rounds in a baggie is going to be a PITA!

· Rikers will start with a normal load, and have the option to top-up their mags at the mid-way point (up to the maximum of 600rnds). Riker players are not permitted to carry any excess ammo on their person. If you only fire 100 shots in the morning segment, that doesn't give you 1100 rnds to use in the afternoon.

· Vehicles will be used during the day,Motorcycles and a 4x4 will be part of the Game and used primarily by NPC’s.

· They are not to be shot at unless to not do so will cause a player to become a casualty or imprisoned. Will clarify this on the day.

Safety note - a site operator must confirm that other site users have vacated area near woods before using the Southern section of the Woods.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Warthog Lieutenant General Pritch's Avatar
    In like Flynn
    Gafflwn Dihenydd, o'r fuddugol yn wiriol sydd. Ni fydd neb yn ein Drechu, Falch ydy ni i drochu, Traed o flaen i'r Annwn, mewn y gwybodaeth fe godwn ni.

We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise

WOLVERINES

Four two, Jedi. Good Hit

Aucto Splendore Resurgo

Baron Von Edvard Major General Echo Papa's Avatar
    #metoo
    I got signals. I got readings, in front and behind.

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐ I am the Eggman!
    i LiVE iN THE WiERD PART OF YOUTUBE

Club Member Second Lieutenant john swift's Avatar
    I'll be up for that.

In.

Will be a “player” or “non-player character” as needed.

I’m in
    Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Club Member Lance Corporal ShaunJenkins85's Avatar
    I’m in
    "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Club Member Private
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    First game of the New Year.
    Based off the idea of "The Division" world with objectives becoming apparent as previous tasks are completed.
    Non player characters will take part to guide the game and add an extra element.
    3 or 4 Teams of various sizes will compete against each other and possibly against themselves.
    Can anyone really be trusted?

Sign on.

Daz.
    Jack.
    Pritchy baby
    Eddie
    Fletch
    John
    Ali
    Sid
    Shaun
    Benji
    Aaron

Club Member Private
    I'm in

Non Member Lance Corporal Niall.E's Avatar
    In

And can you please put josh down for this one .

What part of the site will we be playing on guys?

Quote Originally Posted by john swift View Post
    What part of the site will we be playing on guys?
    There's a better than good chance well be parking at the hairpin, using approach road, lower woods, bottom field and North woods mate.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Nice . Cheers peeps.

Playing around with the numbers on this and it appears the best option will be to have 3x3 man teams, a couple of npc's( excluded from the list shown) and the remainder will be Rikers.
    What do you get for being a Riker,apart from an unhealthy attraction to soap on a rope?
    You get a virtually unlimited ammo allowance and a complete disregard for the rules.

So.
    Long and short of it.
    We need 4 or 5 volunteers to be Rikers.
    Over to you Guys.
    If we have no volunteers well just draw straws.

Me and josh will volunteer .

Club Member Lance Corporal ShaunJenkins85's Avatar
    I’ll go riker
    "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

#metoo

Will we have to straddle chairs and grow little beards?